Saturday, May 9, 2009

Enjoy

I don't know about you, but I'm the type of person who focuses on the negative instead of the positive. I've been asking the Lord to quicken it in my spirit when I do this. Jesus didn't go through His short life dreading the cross. Hebrews 12:2 states that Jesus, for the joy of obtaining the prize, endured the cross. So Jesus had joy in His life, despite what He was going to face.

I have so much to be thankful for. Why is it in my nature to gripe and complain? I want to know the Lord in such a way that I continually turn to Him, not focusing on my circumstances.

Lord, this is the day you've made. I'll never have it again. I can face life without dread because of You. May Your joy be my strength. May I enjoy this day to the fullest because it's a gift from You.

No comments:

Post a Comment